Sizing a Polaris Hose – PoolZoom Tips
Sizing a Polaris Hose
Get the perfect sized Hose for your pool size. If you own any of these Polaris Pool Cleaners, this guide is for you: Polaris 280, Polaris 380, Polaris 3900,
- The Polaris hose has 2-10′ sections of supply hose and 1 – 10′ section of leader hose connected together by swivels.
- The Universal Wall Fitting & Quick Disconnect attach the hose to the booster pump line.
- The Backup Valve re-positions the Polaris as it runs.
- The In-line Screen removes particles which could clog a jet in the Polaris cleaning head.
31 Feet of Hose
- Quick disconnect fitting with black pressure release
- Backup Valve
- Swivels & Floats
- In-line Screen
Why Size Your Pool Cleaner Hose?
- A hose that is too long will wrap around itself causing poor coverage.
Sizing the Hose
- Connect the hose to the wall fitting and stretch it to the farthest point of the pool.
- It should be 6″ long or short of the farthest point.
- Measure the excess and remove the entire hose from the pool.
- The leader hose attaches to the cleaner head. It must be sized to the depth of the pool. If you don’t know the depth, measure the pool depth by using a telescopic pole.
- Disconnect the leader hose at the swivel which connects it to the supply hose. Cut the leader hose to match the pool depth and reattach it to the swivel.
- Disconnect the 2 Supply hoses at the other swivel and cut off even amounts of the remaining excess, from each hose. Attach the Polaris cleaner to the leader hose and install.
- In this example, the total hose is 8′ too long.
- The depth of the pool is 6′
- The Leader hose must be sized to the depth of the pool, so 4′ is removed from the Leader hose
- After sizing the Leader hose, the total hose is still 4′ too long.
- Disconnect the Supply hoses at the swivel and cut off 2′ from each
- You have removed 8′ of hose and the total hose is now properly sized.
Leave a Reply